In Clinch Talent, a Workflow is a series of automated actions that's triggered when a candidate completes a call-to-action. By automating important steps in the "nurture" stage of the recruitment marketing process, Workflows in Clinch Talent allows for more effective, more efficient recruiting overall.
For example, you might have a call-to-action that invites candidates to register interest in attending a recruitment event. With a workflow in place, any/all of the following steps can be carried out automatically once that CTA is completed :
- a) send a message to the candidate(s)
- b) add that candidate to a particular list in the Clinch Talent CRM
- c) send a message to yourself / a colleague / team member to inform that individual that a candidate has completed the call-to-action
New feature: conditional workflows
As of last week, users can now enjoy the added benefits of a "Conditional" workflow. This means that rather than running your workflow for all candidates who complete the associated call-to-action, users can now choose to run the workflow for specific candidates only — those who meet pre-set criteria.
For example, you may want to trigger a message send to let yourself or a colleague know when a candidate applies for a job AND has a high content interaction score, or, automatically add a candidate to a department list when he/she registers an interest in working for your company AND chooses the particular department he/she would like to work for.
A conditional workflow allows for both of these scenarios and facilitates the creation of a more personalised candidate experience, too.
Check out this short video for a quick overview of the steps involved:
1. On the relevant campaign screen, find the Workflow column and click on the “+” button to create a new Workflow.
2. Select the Call-to-Action that should trigger the workflow.
3. Now, here's where that new feature comes into play.
In response to "When would you like to run this workflow?", you can choose from:
- If the candidate matches search criteria
If your Workflow is conditional — that is, triggered only by those candidates who complete the call-to-action AND who meet certain criteria, choose the latter.
You will then be asked to set the criteria that the candidate must match in order to activate that workflow.
4. Next, add steps to your Workflow. These are the actions that will occur automatically once a candidate completes the previously-selected call-to-action, and, where designated, matches with the pre-set criteria.
5. Save, and review your Workflow, including individual steps, on the next screen. Add more steps if required by clicking on the red "+" button.
And that's it — from zero to Workflow in five simple steps!